ATHENS, Ohio - The Ohio volleyball team (10-7, 2-2 MAC) will continue Mid-American Conference play this weekend against Akron (11-4, 4-0 MAC) and Buffalo (5-11, 1-3 MAC). Ohio will head to Akron at 7 p.m. on Friday and Buffalo at 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Friday, Oct. 11 | at Akron | 7 p.m. ET | James A. Rhodes Arena | Akron, Ohio | Live Stats | Watch Live
Saturday, Oct. 12 | at Buffalo | 6 p.m. ET | Alumni Arena | Amherst, N.Y. | Live Stats | Watch Live
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Ohio went 1-1 last weekend, sweeping Kent State, 3-0 and falling to EMU, 3-1
- Senior outside hitter Lizzie Stephens (Dallas, Texas) picked up her 1,000 career kill in the sweep of Kent State. She became the 10th member of the 1,000 kill club in the 25-point rally scoring era.
- Junior setter Vera Giacomazzi (San Vendemiano, Italy) is No. 2 in the nation in total assists at 747 and No. 10 in the country in assist per set at 11.32.
- Lizzie Stpehens is No. 13 total serivce aces with 32 this season.
- Ohio is No. 56 as a team in assists per set with 12.39.
- The Bobcats are No. 127 in the first RPI ranking that came out last week.
Akron is 11-4 and 4-0 in the MAC, and is currently riding a nine-match win streak. Elya Karsner is the Akron leader in kills per set at 2.71 and Ashley Richardson is closely behind at 2.7. Alexis Adleta is also at 2.65. Richardson is No. 62 in the nation in hitting percentage at .364. As a team, UA is No. 39 in the country in aces per set at 1.65 and is No. 46 in digs per set at 16.15.
Buffalo is 5-11 and 1-3 in the MAC after being swept by both Miami and Bowling Green last weekend. Buffalo's MAC win came over Toledo in five sets. Rachel Sanks leads UB in kills per set at 2.61, while Polina Prokudina and Monika Simkova are at 2.53 and 2.34 kills per set, respectively. Buffalo is No. 262 in the nation in kills per set at 11.52.