ATHENS, Ohio – The Ohio field hockey team (8-7, 4-2) travels to Oxford, Ohio to take part in the 2019 MAC Field Hockey Tournament. The Bobcats will take on Appalachian State (10-8, 1-5) on Thursday, Nov. 7 at 1:30 p.m.
FIVE POINTS ABOUT OHIO FIELD HOCKEY
- Ohio looks to win at least one MAC Tournament game in back-to-back years for the first time since 2008-2009.
- Redshirt senior Kendall Ballard (Charlottesville, Va.) was named MAC Offensive Player of the Year on Wednesday (Nov. 6). Ballard lead the Bobcats with eight goals and 21 points this season.
- Ohio defeated Appalachian State on Friday, Sept. 20 in Boone, N.C. OU fell behind 5-2, but mounted a large comeback in the second half, aided by two goals, including the game-winner, from junior Leah Warren (Hamilton, New Zealand) to win. 6-5.
- Warren and junior Jillian (Lebanon, Ohio) were named to All-MAC teams alongside Ballard, with Warren named to the First Team and Shive named to the Second Team.
- This is the first neutral site game of the 2019 season for Ohio, with the Bobcats going 5-4 at home and 3-3 on the road.
SCOUTING APPALACHIAN STATE
- The Mountaineers took down Central Michigan, 2-0, in the first round of the MAC Tournament on Wednesday, Nov. 6.
- Appalachian State is fifth in the conference in scoring offense, tallying around 1.5 goal-per-game. Ohio leads the conference in scoring at 2.3 goals-per-game.
- The Mountaineers' Annette Jarosz is first on her team and second in the MAC in defensive saves, stopping five shots on net.
The winner of Ohio-App State takes on Miami in the MAC Tournament Semi-Finals on Friday, Nov. 8 at 2:30.