ATHENS, Ohio -- The Ohio football team has learned its eight Mid-American Conference opponents for the 2019 season, as announced by the Mid-American Conference.
The Bobcats are set to play four conference home games at Peden Stadium and four conference contests on the road. Dates, kickoff times and television/streaming information will be announced at later dates.
Ohio will play host to MAC East Division rivals Kent State and Miami in addition to games against MAC West Division opponents Northern Illinois and Western Michigan. The Bobcats will visit three East Division rivals next year, with trips to Akron, Bowling Green and Buffalo on the docket. Ohio will travel to Ball State in its only road game that features a West Division opponent.
Ohio has also set Saturday, Oct. 12 as its 2019 Homecoming celebration date. Stay tuned to OhioBobcats.com for more information regarding next year's Homecoming game.
2019 OHIO FOOTBALL MAC OPPONENT NOTES
• Kent State: Ohio has won the last five meetings against Kent State, including the last two matchups that have been played in Athens.
• Miami: The Bobcats have won the last six editions of the 'Battle of the Bricks' that have been played in Athens, including a 45-28 win in the most recent matchup at Peden Stadium on Oct. 31, 2017.
• Northern Illinois: Northern Illinois is set to visit Peden Stadium for the first time since 2014.
• Western Michigan: Ohio will square off against Western Michigan for the second year in a row. The Bobcats rolled to a 59-14 victory over the Broncos in Kalamazoo on Nov. 1, marking Ohio's first win over Western Michigan since 2006.
• Akron: Ohio has come away with wins in four of its last five trips to Akron.
• Bowling Green: The Bobcats have won each of the last three meetings against Bowling Green, including a decisive 49-14 triumph on Homecoming this season.
• Buffalo: Ohio will be seeking its first win in Buffalo since 2009. The Bobcats handed the 2018 MAC East Division champion Bulls their only conference loss of the regular season – a 52-17 blowout at Peden Stadium on Nov. 14.
• Ball State: Ohio is set to take make its first trip to Muncie, Ind., since 2012, and the Bobcats will be looking for their first road win over Ball State since 2009.