Final Score: Ohio 58, UMass 42
Location: Athens, Ohio (Peden Stadium)
Records: Ohio 2-2, UMass 2-4
Ohio Captains: Nathan Rourke, A.J. Ouellette, Javon Hagan, Kylan Nelson. Kent Berger
Weather: Temperature: 67 • Wind: N 3 MPH • Weather: Partly Cloudy
- Fourteenth-year head coach Frank Solich is now 99-73 all-time at Ohio and 157-92 in his career.
- Ohio and Solich are now 4-0 all-time against UMass.
- The Bobcats set a new program record with 664 total offensive yards.
- The contest marked the first time since a 56-54 triple-overtime loss to Texas State on Sept. 3, 2016, that Ohio has recorded over 600 yards of total offense.
- The Bobcats registered 394 total rushing yards, which is the most since they recorded 393 in a 38-10 win on Nov. 8, 2017 against Toledo.
- Ohio's dropped 58 points on UMass for the second year in a row after recording a 58-50 win on Sept. 30, 2017.
- The Bobcats' 34 first downs tied for the second-most first downs in a game in program history. Ohio tallied 34 first downs at Bowling Green on Nov. 4, 2015.
- Junior quarterback Nathan Rourke (Oakville, Ontario, Canada) finished the game with a career-high 23 completions. He also set a career-high with 189 rushing yards. With his rushing touchdown this afternoon, Rourke has now scored 24 career touchdowns, which places him seventh all-time in program history. His rushing touchdown in the first quarter marked the 23rd of his career, putting him one away from matching Beau Blankenship for sixth all-time in program history.
- Redshirt senior running back Maleek Irons (Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada) finished the game with a career-high 140 yards and match his career high with two rushing touchdowns. He posted the third multi-touchdown day of his career. The contest marked Irons' first career game with at least 100 yards.
- With Rourke and Irons registering over 100 rushing yards, the contest marked the first time since the win over Toledo in 2017 that Ohio registered two 100-yard rushers.
- Redshirt senior wide receiver Papi White (Seminole, Okla.) recorded his first career game with multiple touchdown receptions. He has now caught four touchdowns this season, surpassing his total (3) from the entire 2017 season.
- Redshirt senior tight end Conner Brown (Miamisburg, Ohio) set a career-high with 39 yards on two receptions.
- Redshirt senior running back A.J. Ouellette (Covington, Ohio) tallied the fifth receiving touchdown of his career.
- Redshirt junior safety Javon Hagan (Jacksonville, Fla.) fourth-quarter interception marked the fifth pick of his career.
- The Bobcats did not punt in the first half and did not register a punt until the 7:13 mark in the fourth quarter.
- Redshirt junior kicker Louie Zervos (Tarpon Springs, Fla.) went 3-for-3 on field goals, with a long of 36 yards. His 52 career field goals made rank second in school history. He also went 6-for-6 on extra point attempts, and his 114 extra points made rank third in program history. He is two made extra points away from ranking second in program history. Zervos has now recorded 272 career points, placing him alone in fourth place all-time in program history.