ATHENS, Ohio - The Ohio volleyball team (13-12, 4-2 MAC) will return home to The Convo this week to continue Mid-American Conference play to face Kent State (12-12, 5-7 MAC) and Central Michigan (20-4, 10-2 MAC) this week. Ohio will face KSU on Thursday at 7 p.m. and CMU on Saturday at 6 p.m.
Head coach Deane Webb and the volleyball staff will host a chalk talk one hour prior to first serve against Kent State inside the Rohr Room. The event is free and open to the public. Veterans and active military members will get in free to Saturday's match for Bobcat Warriors Day.
Thursday, Nov. 7 | vs. Kent State | 7 p.m. ET | Athens, Ohio | Convocation Center | Live Stats | ESPN3 | Tickets
Saturday, Nov. 9 | vs. Central Michigan | 6 p.m. ET | Athens, Ohio | Convocation Center | Live Stats | ESPN+ | Tickets
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Ohio has spent six of the last eight weeks of the season on the road and will finish the regular season with four-straight home matches.
- Sophomore libero Emma Tupa (Brecksville, Ohio) was named MAC East Co-Defensive Player of the Week after an impressive weekend. Tupa averaged 7.43 digs per set and totaled 52 digs in seven sets. Tupa had her career-high in digs with 31 against Miami, and then followed it up with 21 scoops–her second-highest total of her career–in three sets against Bowling Green. Tupa did not commit a reception error over the weekend and also added an ace against Miami.
- Junior setter Vera Giacomazzi is No. 2 in the nation total assists with 1,102.
- Giacomazzi is No. 11 in the country in assists per set with 11.36.
- Ohio is No. 63 in the nation in digs per set at 16.09.
- Ohio leads the MAC in blocks per set at 2.21.
- OU is the MAC leader in team kills at 1,280.
SCOUTING KENT STATE
Kent State is 12-12 and 5-7 in the MAC. KSU is coming off an 1-1 weekend after beating Bowling Green, 3-1 and falling to Miami, 3-0. The Golden Flashes are No. 7 in the nation in digs per set at 18.1 and Erin Gardner is No. 8 in the country at 5.58 scoops per set. Ohio and KSU faced off earlier this season at the M.A.C. Center, with Ohio sweeping Kent State. Senior outside hitter Lizzie Stephens (Dallas, Texas) earned her 1,000 career kill while junior middle blocker Tia Jimerson (Sugar Hill, Ga.) had 11 kills and four blocks.
SCOUTING CENTRAL MICHIGAN
Central Michigan is 20-4 overall and a MAC leading 10-2 in the league. CMU is No. 13 in the country in opponent hitting percentage at .150. Lisbeth Rosario-Martinez leads the league in hitting percentage at .368.