KALAMAZOO, Mich. - The Ohio volleyball team (13-8, 5-3 MAC) will hit the road this weekend to continue Mid-American Conference play when the Bobcats take on Western Michigan (11-9, 2-6 MAC) and Northern Illinois (6-16, 3-5 MAC). Ohio will face WMU on Friday at 7 p.m. at Read Fieldhouse and NIU on Saturday at 8:30 p.m. ET at Victor E. Court.
Friday, Oct. 25 | at Western Michigan | 7 p.m. ET | Kalamazoo, Mich. | Read Fieldhouse/University Arena | Live Stats
Saturday, Oct. 26 | at NIU | 8:30 p.m. ET | DeKalb, Ill | Victor E. Court | Live Stats | Watch
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Ohio went 1-1 last weekend after sweeping Toledo and falling to Ball State.
- Junior opposite Maggie Nedoma led the way with a .359 attacking clip on 39 swings and 18 kills. Her 18 kills was her three-set high this season.
- Junior setter Vera Giacomazzi (San Vendemiano, Italy) is No. 2 in the nation in total assists with 915. Giacomazzi is No. 11 in the nation in assists per set at 11.3
- Ohio is No. 68 in the country in kills per set at 13.26. Ohio is No. 21 in the nation and first in the league in total kills at 1,074.
- Ohio leads the MAC in blocks per set at 2.19.
SCOUTING WESTERN MICHIGAN
Western Michigan is 11-9 and 2-6 in the MAC. WMU has lost five-straight matches dating back to Oct. 4, when they swept Toledo, 3-0. Janell Williams is the MAC's leader in blocks per set at 1.15. Kathleen Reilly is No. 12 in the nation in digs per set at 4.51, and is also third in the MAC. Rachel Bontrager is the MAC's leader in kills per set at 3.74. Bontrager is also the leader in points per set at 4.21.
SCOUTING NORTHERN ILLINOIS
NIU is 6-16 overall and 2-6 in the MAC. The Huskies are currently on a three-match losing streak. Kennedy Wallace leads NIU at 2.69 kills per set, while Kaitlyn Bell sits at 2.46 and Peyton Tilly is at 2.33. Miranda Karlen averaged 4.21 digs per set. NIU is No. 242 in the nation in kills per set as a team at 11.79.