FOLLOW OHIO SWIMMING & DIVING: Twitter
ATHENS, Ohio – Ohio swimming and diving welcomes the Akron Zips to the OUAC on Saturday, Nov. 9 at 1 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 9 | vs. #19 Akron | 1 p.m. ET | Ohio University Aquatic Center | Athens, Ohio |
FIVE POINTS ABOUT OHIO SWIMMING AND DIVING
- Ohio's meet against Akron will be their second MAC meet of the 2019-20 season, as they faced off against Bowling Green on Oct. 25.
- Junior Katherine Garrity swam well against the Falcons, taking first-place in the 500 and 100-Yard Freestyles, with times of 5:07.29 and 10:25.21, respectively.
- Sophomore Taylor Miller (Latrobe, Pa.) earned seven total points for the Bobcats against Bowling Green, taking third in the one-meter diving event and second in the three-meter diving event.
- Freshman Emma Fortman (Madeira, Ohio) won her first MAC race of her collegiate career against the Falcons, coming in first in the 100-yard Freestyle with a time of 52.41.
- Junior Samantha Glass (Villa Hills, Ky.) contributed nine points for Ohio's cause in their first MAC meet, tallying a first-place finish in the 200-yard Butterfly with a time of 2:06.77.
- The Zips were picked to repeat as MAC Champions in the 2019-20 MAC Preseason Poll.
- Akron placed first in the Zips Classic on Oct.18 and 19, finishing ahead of MAC opponent Miami, and other schools like Denison, Xavier, and Cleveland State.
- The Zips were recently moved into the CSCAA Top-25, coming in at number 19.
The Bobcats take a weekend off from competition before heading to Columbus, Ohio to take part in the Ohio State Fall Open Invitational on Nov. 21-24.