ATHENS, Ohio – Ohio swimming and diving hits the road for their first MAC meet of the 2019 campaign, taking on the Bowling Green Falcons. The Bobcats were picked to finish ahead of Bowling Green in the 2019-20 MAC preseason poll.
Friday, Oct. 25 | vs. Bowling Green | 5 p.m. ET | Cooper Pool | Bowling Green, Ohio |
FIVE POINTS ABOUT OHIO SWIMMING AND DIVING
- The Bobcats were defeated 251-49 by Kentucky and 234-66 by South Carolina in Louisville, Ky. on Friday, Oct. 18.
- Junior Hannah Schlegel (Birdsboro, Pa.) finished third in the 1000-yard Freestyle, with a time of 10:10.23.
- Redshirt junior Olivia Dillon (Newcastle, Aus.) was the top diver for Ohio against Kentucky and South Carolina, finishing sixth in the three-meter dive with a score of 243.70.
- This is Ohio's first MAC meet of the 2019-20 season, with the next coming on Saturday, Sept. 9 at the OUAC when they take on Akron at 1 p.m.
- Last time the Bobcats took on the Falcons during the season was in 2018 at the OUAC, winning 169.5-103.5 on Senior Day.
SCOUTING BOWLING GREEN
- The Falcons were picked to finish sixth in the MAC preseason poll, one spot behind Ohio.
- Bowling Green competed in a tri-meet with Buffalo and Cornell earlier in the season, with Daisy Platts impressing for the Falcons, going a personal best in the 100-yard IM, finishing first with a time of 58.58.
- Sarah Hennings finished first in the 100-yard butterfly against Buffalo and Cornell, with a time of 57.24
Ohio takes a weekend off from competition before returning to the OUAC on Saturday, November 9th to take on the defending MAC Champion Akron Zips. The meet will begin at 1 p.m.