ATHENS, Ohio – The Ohio field swimming and diving team kicks off their season as they travel to Lexington, Ky. to take on SEC opponents Kentucky and South Carolina.
Friday, Oct. 18 | vs. Kentucky and South Carolina | 3 p.m. ET | Lancaster Aquatic Center | Lexington, Ky. | Live Results
FIVE POINTS ABOUT OHIO SWIMMING AND DIVING
- The Bobcats were picked to finish fifth in the Mid-American Conference this season, ahead of Bowling Green, Ball State, and Toledo.
- Ohio is led by their three captains this season, senior Emilia Lahtinen (Ylojarvi, Finland), senior Katherine Redden (Fort Thomas, Ky.), and junior Katherine Garrity (Eagan, Minn.).
- Sophomore Taylor Miller (Latrobe, Pa.) and redshirt senior Olivia Dillon (Newcastle, Aus.) qualified for the NCAA Diving Zones during the 2018-19 season.
- Lahtinen, junior Hannah Schlegel (Birdsboro, Pa.), and sophomore Kelsey Morgan (Pickerington, Ohio) finished with event times good enough for the NCAA B Standards last season.
- The Bobcats welcome freshmen Sam Bailey (George Town, Cayman Islands), Sienna Breton (Cheshire, Conn.), Maya Conte (Brecksville, Ohio), Emma Fortman (Madeira, Ohio), McKenzie Grau (Mason, Ohio), Madeline Marks (Bentonville, Ark.), Grace Riddle (Canal Winchester, Ohio), and Halli Siwik (Fishers, Ind.)
- Kentucky is currently ranked #19 in the nation
- The Wildcats finished third in the SEC last season, going on to place 15th at NCAA's.
- Kentucky started their 2019-20 season with a tri-meet win over Indiana and Notre Dame on Wednesday, Oct. 9.
SCOUTING SOUTH CAROLINA
- The Gamecocks finished 9th at the SEC Championships last season with a total of 515 points
- South Carolina is currently 0-1 in the early part of this season, losing a dual meet to Tennessee.
- This is South Carolina's first road meet of the 2019-20 season.
Ohio takes on Bowling Green in their first MAC meet of the season on Friday, Oct. 25 in Bowling Green, Ohio. The meet is scheduled for 5 p.m.