ATHENS, Ohio- The sixth-seeded Ohio soccer team (11-8-1) heads to Bowling Green, Ohio to continue their run in the 2019 Mid-American Conference Tournament. The Bobcats will take on No. 7 Eastern Michigan (7-11-2) in the MAC Semifinals on Friday, Nov. 8 at the Cochrane Soccer Stadium. First touch is set for 7 p.m. With a victory, Ohio would advance to the MAC Championship came on Sunday, Nov. 10 at 1 p.m. against either No. 1 Bowling Green or No. 4 Buffalo.
Friday, Nov. 8 | vs. Eastern Michigan | 7 p.m. ET | Cochrane Soccer Stadium | Bowling Green, Ohio | Live Stats | Watch
LAST TIME OUT
Thanks to second half goals from Alivia Milesky and Sydney Leckie, the Ohio soccer team defeated Western Michigan, 2-0, on Nov. 3 in the MAC Quarterfinals. The victory advanced the Bobcats to the semifinals for the second-straight year.
LAST TIME AGAINST EASTERN MICHIGAN
During regular season, Ohio was victorious over the Eagles, winning the match 1-0. The Bobcat's Sydney Leckie scored the only point of the game in the 73rd minute on Senior Day.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT OHIO SOCCER
- 12 different players have scored goals for Ohio during this season.
- Alivia Milesky leads the way with 22 points, scoring eight goals and six assists. Abby Townsend follows closely behind totaling 21 points with five goals and adding 11 assists.
- Milesky currently has 20 career goals, passing her sister Alexis Milesky and Jen Barber for fifth all-time in program history.
- Ohio is 25th in total assists, 27th in shots on goal per game, 30th in the nation for shot accuracy, and 32nd in assists per game, while Abby Townsend is tied for 11th in the country in total assists.
- Ohio is first in shots on goal (153), second goals scored (35), and third in assists (37).
- Abby Townsend leads the MAC in assists (11).
- Through 20 games this season, Ohio has scored 37 goals and registered 38 assists. Last season, Ohio scored 24 goals and had 27 assists in 20 total games.
- With one more assist, Abby Townsend will set the new single season assists total with 12.
- Ohio is 8-17 all-time in the MAC Tournament.
- Ohio is 2-6 all-time in MAC Semifinal matches
- Ohio has only advanced to the MAC Chanpionship game twice, once in 1998 and once in 2002. The Bobcats are 0-2 in MAC Championship games.
No. 7 Eastern Michigan enters the matchup against the Bobcats with an 7-11-2 overall record. The Eagles defeated Ball State in the 2019 MAC tournament semi-finals last Sunday. This season, Eastern Michigan has scored 28 goals, while allowing 42 goals against. The Eagles have recorded 295 shots, with 148 of them on goal for a .502 shots on goal percentage.
Individually, Lindsey Shira leads Eastern Michigan with six goals and three assists, totaling 15 points. Sabrina McNeill follows with 14 points from seven goals. In net, Mabel Dunn has seen the most action, playing in 13 games while allowing 29 goals and making 70 saves in 1,149 minutes on the pitch.
ALL MAC HONORS
Four members of the Ohio soccer team were named to 2019 All-Mid-American Conference Teams, the league announced on Nov. 7. Senior Alivia Milesky and sophomore Abby Townsend were named All-MAC Second Team, senior Victoria Breeden earned All-MAC Second Team honors, while freshman Maddie Young was named to the MAC All-Freshman squad.
The Mid-American Conference Championship Game will be played on Sunday, Nov. 10 at 1 p.m., where the Bobcats could face with No. 1 Bowling Green or No. 4 Buffalo.