Athens, Ohio- The Ohio soccer team (10-7-1, 5-4-1 MAC) heads to Kent this weekend to finish up their Mid-American Conference play. The Bobcats will wrap up their regular season with a match against Kent State (5-9-3, 3-5-2 MAC) on Thursday, Oct. 31. The Bobcats and the Golden Flashes are set to face off at 3 p.m. at Dix Stadium.
LAST TIME OUT:
Ohio coming off of a 1-1 weekend, with a win against Miami, 5-2, on Thursday, before falling to Ball State, 2-1, in overtime on Sunday.
��⚽️With one game left in the regular season, Thursday's contest with Kent State has a lot on the line. @gabegeno13 caught up with @SarinaDirrig to talk about that and her strong play over the last few weeks. #BleedGreen pic.twitter.com/EDn73EjeKF— Ohio Soccer (@OhioWSoccer) October 30, 2019
Last Time Against Kent State:
During last year's regular season finale, Ohio fell to Kent State, 1-0, but were still able to secure the fourth seed in the MAC Tournament. The Bobcats were matched up with the Flashes for the quarterfinal round just three days later, with Ohio defeating Kent State, 2-1. The win against Kent State was the first since 2009 and their first win in the MAC Quarterfinals since 2004.
��⚽️ The final game of the regular season is here. The Bobcats take on Kent State on Thursday at 3 p.m. and @gabegeno13 caught up with Abby Townsend to talk about it and her play this past weekend. #BleedGreen pic.twitter.com/tjlZw2IxS8— Ohio Soccer (@OhioWSoccer) October 30, 2019
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT OHIO SOCCER
- 12 different players have scored goals for Ohio during this season,
- Abby Towsend lead the way with 21 points, scoring five goals and adding 11 assists. Alivia Milesky follows closely behind totaling 20 points with seven goals and six assists.
- Milesky currently has 19 career goals, passing her sister Alexis Milesky and Jen Barber for fifth all-time in program history.
- Ohio is 20th in shot accuracy, 22nd in the nation in shots on goal per game and total assists, 25th in assists per game, while Abby Townsend is tied for 6th in the country in total assists.
- Ohio is first in the MAC in shots (276), and second in assists (36) and goals scored (34).
- Abby Townsend leads the MAC in assists (11) and third in points (21), while Alivia Milesky is fourth (20).
- Through 16 games this season, Ohio has scored 34 goals and registered 36 assists. Last season, Ohio scored 24 goals and had 27 assists in 20 total games.
- Townsend's six points against Miami last week tied her for the second most in a single game in Ohio history.
- The Bobcats' hit the 10-win mark for the first time since 2003. Ohio has not had at least 11 wins since 2002 when Ohio finished the season with 15.
SCOUTING KENT STATE
Kent State enters the matchup against the Bobcats with a 5-9-3 overall record and a 3-5-2 record in MAC play. The Golden Flashes are currently on a two-game losing streak after falling Ball State and Miami last weekend. This season, Kent State has scored 24 goals, while allowing 26 goals against. Kent State has recorded 289 shots, with 135 of them on goal for a .467 shots on goal percentage.
Individually, Vital Kats leads Kent State with eight goals and five assists, totaling 21 points. Cameron Shedenhelm follows with 18 points, six goals and assist. In net, Faith O'Niell has seen the most action, playing in 17 games while allowing 26 goals and making 68 saves in 1,593 minutes on the pitch.
The first round of the MAC Tournament will begin Sunday, Nov. 3. Stay tuned for information regarding seeding, location and time.