ATHENS, Ohio- Mid-American Conference continues for the Ohio soccer team (7-6-1, 2-3-1 MAC) this weekend when they face Central Michigan (7-2-2, 4-2-0 MAC) on Friday, Oct. 18. First touch is set for 4p.m. at Chessa Field. The Bobcats will continue their weekend at home when they host Eastern Michigan (3-9-2, 2-4-0 MAC) on Sunday, Oct. 20. The game between the Eagles and the Bobcats is set to begin at 1 p.m. This Sunday will also serve as Senior Day for Ohio's five seniors; Alivia Milesky, Victoria Breeden, Sydney Leckie, Courtney Daugerdas and Alli Miller. Come early to see a special pregame ceremony honoring the 2019 senior class.
Friday, Oct. 18 | vs Central Michigan | 4 p.m. ET | Chessa Field | Athens, Ohio | Live Stats | Watch | Free Admission
Sunday, Oct. 20 | vs. Eastern Michigan | 1 p.m. ET | Chessa Field| Athens, Ohio | Live Stats | Watch | Free Admission | Senior Day
FRIDAY PROMOTION: Free Rufus socks for first 100 students and double point match on Ohio Bobcats Gameday App.
SUNDAY PROMOTION: Senior Day and Free sunglasses
LAST TIME OUT
Ohio went 0-1-1 this weekend during MAC play. Ohio tied with Akron, 1-1, on Thursday and fell to Buffalo, 2-0, on Sunday.
��⚽️�� Ohio returns to Chessa this weekend for two big MAC game and Senior day. Senior @AliviaMilesky chatted with @gabegeno13 about the importance of these two matches. #BleedGreen pic.twitter.com/KAlNZuRZB6— Ohio Soccer (@OhioWSoccer) October 17, 2019
LAST TIME AGAINST CMU AND EMU
Ohio was defeated by Central Michigan last season, 1-0 with 18 seconds remaining in overtime. However, the Bobcats were victorious against Eastern Michigan, 2-1, while on the road.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT OHIO SOCCER:
- 11 different players have scored goals for Ohio during this season,
- Alivia Milesky leads the way with six goals and three assists for 15 points. Abby Towsend has 14 points, scoring three goals and adding eight assists. Maddie Young is second on the Bobcats with four goals, four assists and 12 points.
- Milesky currently has 18 career goals, passing her sister Alexis Milesky and Jen Barber for fifth all-time in program history.
- Ohio is 23rd in the nation in shots on goal per game, 28th in shot accuracy, 41st in assists per game, 33rd in total assists, while Abby Townsendis 17th in the country in total assists.
- Ohio is tied for first in the MAC in goals scored (25), second in points (76), assists (26) and shots (215).
- Abby Townsend leads the MAC in assists (8), while Alivia Milesky is third in the conference in goals (6).
- Through 14 games this season, Ohio has scored 25 goals and registered 26 assists. Last season, Ohio scored 24 goals and had 27 assists in 20 total games.
����⚽️ It's a big weekend in Athens! Not only do the Bobcats have two big MAC games on Friday and Sunday, but Sunday is also Senior Day! @gabegeno13 caught up with @sydneyleckie to chat about it all! #BleedGreen pic.twitter.com/yzq7pS19XX— Ohio Soccer (@OhioWSoccer) October 16, 2019
SCOUTING CENTRAL MICHIGAN:
Central Michigan enters the matchup with the Bobcats with a 7-2-2 overall record and a 4-2 record in MAC play. The Chippewas are currently on a one-game winning streak after defeating Toledo last Sunday. This season, CMU has scored 16 goals, while allowing eight goals against. The Chippewas have recorded 154 shots, with 62 of them on goal for a .403 shots on goal percentage.
Individually, Marle Bringard leads Central Michigan with five goals and two assists, totaling 12 points. Alina Miagkova follows with seven points, three goals and two assists. In net, Zoie Reed has seen the most action, playing in 11 games while allowing eight goals and making 55 saves in 1,075 minutes on the pitch.
SCOUTING EASTERN MICHIGAN:
Eastern Michigan enters the matchup with the Bobcats with a 3-9-2 overall record and a 2-4 record in MAC play. The Eagles are currently on a two-game losing streak which includes defeats against Toledo and Bowling Green. This season, Eastern Michigan has scored 16 goals, while allowing 33 goals against. The Eagles have also recorded 218 shots, with 111 of them on goal for a .509 shots on goal percentage.
Individually, Lindsey Shira leads Eastern Michigan with fours goals and two assists, totaling 10 points. Sabrina McNeill and Amanda Cripps follow with three goals each. In net, Mabel Dunn has seen the most action, playing in 13 games while allowing 29 goals and making 70 saves in 1,149 minutes on the pitch.
Next weekend, Ohio will hit the road for their next portion of their schedule, when the Bobcats head to Oxford, Ohio to take on Miami on Thursday, Oct. 24. First touch is set for 4 p.m. at the Miami Soccer Field. Ohio will continue MAC play on Sunday, Oct. 27 against Ball State. First touch is set for 1 p.m. and will be hosted at Briner Sports Complex.