ATHENS, Ohio– The undefeated Ohio soccer team (4-0-0) returns to action on Sunday, Sept. 8 when they host Southern Illinois (3-2-0). First touch is set for 1p.m. at Chessa Field. The first 50 fans to make it to the game will receive a free Ohio Bobcats water bottle.
SUNDAY PROMOTION: Free Ohio water bottle for the first 50 fans in attendance.
FIVE THINGS ABOUT OHIO SOCCER
- Ohio is 4-0-0 to open the season for the first time in program history.
- Ohio and Ball State remain the only two undefeated team in the Mid-American Conference.
- Ohio is led by freshman Olivia Darrow (Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio) and senior Alivia Milesky (Plain City, Ohio), who share the team lead in goals with two apiece. Sophomore Abby Townsend (Powell, Ohio) leads the squad in assists with four, followed by Milesky with two.
- As a team, the Bobcats have fired off 60 shots with 34 coming on goal (.567).
- In goal, sophomore Sam Wexell (Irwin, Pa.) and junior Sydney Malham (Nashville, Tenn.) have split time with the pair combining for 11 saves and owning identical 2-0 records.
SCOUTING SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
Southern Illinois comes to town with a 3-2-0 record and will play Fort Wayne on Friday before coming to Athens. The Salukies have wins against Illinois-Springfield, Rose-Hulman and Belmont and loses against North Alabama and IUPUI.
The young SIU squad, which boasts 19 freshmen and is currently in its first year of existence, have scored five goals on the season and are led by Emma Spotak who has two goals and four points. Kathryn Creedon has one goal, one assist and three points, while two other Salukies also have one goal each.
Ohio will be back in Athens next weekend when they host Robert Morris on Friday, Sept. 13. First touch is set for 4 p.m. at Chessa Field. Ohio is back on the pitch on Sunday, Sept. 15 when they head to Columbus, Ohio to take on Ohio State. First touch is set for 6 p.m.