ATHENS, Ohio– The Ohio women's golf team returns to action Monday, Sept. 30 and Tuesday, Oct. 1 in the 2019 Shirley Spork EMU Invitational hosted by Eastern Michigan. This year's event will take place at the 6,164-yard Eagle Crest Golf Club in Ypsilanti, Mich., with par set at 72.
Sept. 30- Oct. 1 | Shirley Spork EMU Invitational | Ypsilanti, Mich. | Eagle Crest Golf Club | 9 a.m. Shotgun Start both days | Live Results
ABOUT THE COURSE
This year's event will take place at the 6,164-yard Eagle Crest Golf Club in Ypsilanti, Mich. Par is set at 72.
WHO IS COMPETING
Including Ohio, 11 teams will compete in this year's event including; Central Michigan, Cleveland State, Chicago State, Dayton, Detroit Mercy, Eastern Michigan, Green Bay, Northern, Kentucky, Oakland, Ohio, Purdue Fort Wayne, Western Michigan.
BOBCAT STARTING FIVE
Competing for Ohio in this year's event are:
- Sophomore Catherine Loftus
- Junior Ashley Flynn
- Sophomore Alicia Porvasnik
- Freshman Avery Ovens
- Freshman Maria Howard
- Competing unattached is redshirt freshman Mallory Lovell
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT OHIO WOMEN'S GOLF
- After the first few weeks of play, Catherine Loftus sits in fourth place in the MAC with a 77.00 stroke average.
- Avery Ovens and Alicia Porvasnik are also in the top-ten in the MAC in stroke average.
- Ohio finished eighth in last year's Shirley Spork Invitational
- Catherine Loftus finished last year's Shirley Sport Invitational in 27thplace after finishing the weekend with a 158 (+14).
The Bobcats head to Silver Lake, Ohio for the 2019 Fall Preview Oct. 7-8. The 54-hold event is hosted by Akron at the Silver Lake Golf Club.