ATHENS, Ohio -- The Ohio women's basketball team hits the road for the first time this season when the Bobcats head to Huntington, W. Va. to take on Marshall. Tip-off is set for 5 p.m. inside the Henderson Center. Fans will be able to check out the game on CUSATV or Jake Hromada will have you covered on WOUB-AM 1340.
Nov. 22, 2017 | Marshall Thundering Herd (1-2) vs. Ohio Bobcats (2-0) | 5 p.m. ET | Huntington, W. Va. | Henderson Center | Gametracker | Watch Live| Listen Live| Ohio Game Notes | Marshall Game Notes
A WIN AT MARSHALL WILL...
- Give Ohio their 27th win against the Herd.
- Give Ohio its first win in the regular season against Marshall since Dec. 15, 2012.
- Give head coach Bob Boldon his 190th career win and his 87th at Ohio.
- Give Ohio a 3-0 start to open the season for the second-straight year and the seventh time in program history.
- Give Ohio a 1-0 start in true road games for the 14th time in program history.
ALL TIME AGAINST MARSHALL
- The Bobcats are 26-14 all time against Marshall.
- The last time Ohio saw The Herd was on March 17, 2016 in Athens. The Bobcats won 76-68 in the first round of the Women's National Invitation Tournament.
- The Bobcats have opened the season 2-0 for the second-straight year after defeating Notre Dame (Ohio), 93-37 on Nov. 16.
- Currently leading the team early on is Gabby Burris who is averaging 15.5 points per game and 5.5 rounds per game. Burris is also shooting .833 from the line and .632 from the field and averages 19.5 minutes.
- Amani Burke is averaging 14.0 points through two starts, and is averaging .727 from the free-throw line. Burke has the second-most play time with 28 minutes per game.
- Cierra Hooks has the third-most points on the squad, averaging 11 points per game while shooting .533 from the field and .750 from the line while averaging 21 minutes per game.
- Dominique Doseck is also averaging double figures with 10.5 points per game while shooting .438 from the field and .429 from three-point range.
- Taylor Agler is leading the team in rebounds with 13 and has 15 assists while playing 29 minutes per game.
- Ohio as a team is averaging 78.5 points per game and are shooting .394 from the field, .266 from three-point range and .683 from the line.
- Ohio is also averaging 39.0 rebounds per game, 16.0 assists and 20.5 steals per contest.
- In the Nov. 12 opener, four Bobcats made their first ever start as a Bobcat (Katie Barker, Amani Burke, Dominique Doseck and Kendall Jessing), while three others made their college debut (Burris, Cierra Hooks, Alexis Stover)
- In Thursday's game against Notre Dame, Four Bobcats finished in double-digits and redshirt senior guard Taylor Agler finished with a career-high 10 assists. Meche'la Cobb also made her Bobcat debut.
- Ohio returns one starter from last year's squad, in redshirt senior Taylor Agler.
- The Bobcats will return six bench players, including All-MAC Freshman Team member Amani Burke.
- Katie Barker, Dominique Doseck, Olivia Bower, Hannah Thome and Kendall Jessing will also return to the floor for Ohio.
- Ohio welcomed five freshmen to the squad, with Cierra Hooks, Erica Johnson, Alexis Stover, Kaylee Bambule and Gabby Burris taking the floor this season.
THE LAST TIME WE SAW OHIO
- Ohio followed their 64-61 victory over High Point with a 93-37 blowout over Notre Dame (Ohio) on Nov. 16 in Athens.
- The game saw four Bobcats finish in double-digits and redshirt senior guard Taylor Agler (Westerville, Ohio) earned a career-high 10 assists.
- RS freshman Meche'la Cobb made her Ohio debut as well.
- The Bobcats took the lead one minute into the first quarter and held it for the entirety of the game.
- Cierra Hooks and Gabby Burris lead the team with 17 points. Kendall Jessing and Dominique Doseck were just behind with 11 points each. Amani Burke ended with 10 points.
- Hooks was 6-of-9 from the field and 5-of-6 from the line. Burris went 6-of-10 from the field, 1-of-2 from the three and 4-of-4 from the line.
- Jessing went 4-of-5 from the field, 1-of-2 from the three and 2-of-2 from the line while Doseck went 4-of-7 from the field and 3-of-6 from the three.
- Agler and Hooks both earned five steals on the night. Collectively, Ohio forced 37 turnovers and earned 39 points off turnovers.
- The Bobcat bench put up 50 points, put up 44 points in the paint and notched 18 fastbreak points.
- Ohio went 32-74 (43.2 percent) from the field, 10-of-30 (33.3 percent) from beyond the arc and 19-of-23 (82.6 percent) from the line. The Bobcats also grabbed 42 boards on the night.
- Notre Dame was led by Seina Adachi who earned nine points, going 4-of-7 from the field and 1-of-2 from the three-point line.
- The Falcons went 15-of-48 (31.3 percent) from the field, 1-of-13 (7.7 percent) from beyond the arc and 6-of-13 (46.2 percent) from the line while earning 36 rebounds.
IN MARSHALL'S LAST GAME
- The Herd are coming off an 85-75 loss to Cleveland State on Nov. 19.
- Shayna Gore led the team with 19 points through 33 minutes. Gore went 6-of-15 from the field, 1-of-6 from beyond the arc and 6-of-6 from the line.
- Talequia Hamilton put up the second-most points for her team (18) through 29 minutes, going 6-of-12 from the field, 0-of-3 from the three and 6-of-6 from the line.
- In all, Marshall went 27-64 (42.2 percent) from the field, 5-of-26 (19.2 percent) from beyond the arc and 17-of-21 (81 percent) from the line.
- For Cleveland State, Ashanti Abshaw led the way with 25 points through 34 minutes, going 8-of-18 in field goals, 0-of-4 in three-pointers and 9-of-11 in free throws.
- Olivia Voskuhl was behind Abshaw with 16 points in 32 minutes, going 7-of-9 from the field, 1-of-1 from beyond the arc and 1-of-2 from the line.
- In total, Marshall grabbed 34 rebounds, forced 11 turnovers and made seven steals.
- Shayna Gore leads Marshall in scoring with 63 points (21 ppg) through three starts and 28.3 minutes per game. She's shooting .476 from the field, .292 from the three-point line and .941 from the line.
- Talequia Hamilton has 44 points (14.7 ppg) through three starts. Hamilton is .484 from the field, .273 from the arc and .846 from the line.
- Asheika Alexander leads the team with 13 assists and Gore is right behind with 12.
- The Herd are 83-194 from the field (.428), 21-81 from the arc (.259) and 44-56 (.786) from the line.
- Marshall has secured 140 rebounds while earning 13 blocks and 16 steals.
LAST TIME AGAINST MARSHALL
- The Bobcats last faced off with Marshall on March 17, 2016 at the Convocation Center in Athens in the first round of the WNIT.
- Ohio came away with the 76-68 victory.
- The last time Ohio saw Marshall in the regular season was Dec. 15, 2012.
- The Bobcats came away with the 55-48 victory in Huntington.
THE WAIT IS OVER FOR COBB
- In the fourth quarter on Nov. 16 against Notre Dame College, Meche'la Cobb made her Bobcats debut after missing all of the 2016-17 season due to injury.
A FIRST FOR ALL
- On Nov. 12 against High Point, four Bobcats made their first ever start for Ohio.
- Amani Burke, Katie Barker, Dominique Doseck and Kendall Jessing joined Taylor Agler on the floor for the new-look starting five.
- In that same game, Cierra Hooks, Gabby Burris and Alexis Stover made their college debuts.
-Head coach Bob Boldon currently sits with 190 career victories.
- He needs 10 more for 200 career victories
- Boldon also had 86 victory at Ohio and needs 14 more for 100
- He would be only the second head coach in program history to reach 100 wins at Ohio.
- Marsha Reall lead Ohio with 123 as the head coach.
The Bobcats take on the Michigan Wolverines on Saturday Nov. 25 in Athens. The game is set for a 2 p.m. tip off.