ATHENS, Ohio – The Ohio field hockey team (6-5, 3-1 MAC) starts their four-game home stand to end the regular season with matches against Ball State (3-10, 1-2 MAC) and Indiana (4-9, 1-5 Big Ten).
FIVE POINTS ABOUT OHIO FIELD HOCKEY
- The Bobcats are in second place in the Mid-American Conference with a record of 3-1, trailing only Kent State (3-0).
- Senior Karynne Baker (Falls Church, Va.) is the reigning MAC Offensive Player of the Week (Oct. 14).
- Ohio lost to Ball State, 3-2, in Muncie, Ind., last season, taking the Cardinals to double overtime after coming back from down 2-0. Then, the Bobcats took down the Cardinals, 4-0, in the MAC Tournament.
- With the game against Central Michigan, Ohio pushed their season goal total to 28, already surpassing their total of 25 from a season ago.
- Ohio's shots per game sit at 13.7, up from a 9.6-mark last season.
SCOUTING BALL STATE
- The Cardinals own a 2-0 win over Central Michigan in conference play, as well as 1-0 losses to Kent State and Miami.
- Ball State has lost three in a row, dropping their matches against Kent State, #16 Stanford, and #11 Michigan.
- The Cardinals' Michelle Shampton and Sierra Jefferson are tied for the team lead with three goals each.
- The Hoosiers took down Ball State, 2-1 , at home in Bloomington, Ind.
- Indiana's lone Big Ten win came against Michigan State in a 4-2 battle in East Lansing.
- Hailey Couch leads Indiana in scoring with eight goals, and a total of 17 points.
Ohio concludes the regular season at Pruitt Field next weekend with matchups against Miami on Friday, Oct. 25, and UC Davis on Saturday, Oct. 26. First touches are scheduled for 1 p.m. ET and 12 p.m. ET, respectively.