ATHENS, Ohio – The Ohio field hockey team (4-3, 1-1) returns home for the first time in the month of October to take on MAC rival Longwood, #15 Ohio State.
FIVE POINTS ABOUT OHIO FIELD HOCKEY
- Freshman Katelyn Whittle (Glenwood, Md.) is off to a great start in her collegiate career, scoring three goals on her first five shots.
- The Bobcats haven't played a home match in almost a month. They last saw Pruitt Field on game day when they took down Lock Haven, 4-0.
- In 2018, Ohio lost to Longwood 4-3 in Farmville, Va. Now junior Jillian Shive (Lebanon, Ohio) tallied two goals for the Bobcats, while senior Karynne Baker (Falls Church, Va.) scored the other.
- Ohio currently averages 13.74 shots/game, up from their total of 9.76 one year ago.
- Redshirt senior Kendall Ballard (Charlottesville, Va.) leads the team with 12 total points, four goals and four assists.
- The Lancers are 5-4 and 1-0 in the conference to start the 2019 season.
- Their conference win came in a 1-0 victory at home against Central Michigan.
- Longwood also has two girls tied with four goals on the season, Karly Harwood and Sophia Loscher.
SCOUTING OHIO STATE
- The Buckeyes sit at 5-4 overall and ranked #15 in the nation
- Ohio State took down Ohio's MAC opponent Central Michigan, 11-0 earlier in the season.
- The Buckeyes are led by Mackenzie Allessie, who scored eight goals and tallied 20 points in her team's first nine games.
Ohio spends next weekend in the state of Michigan, first taking on Michigan State on Friday, Oct. 11, and then traveling to face Central Michigan on Sunday, Oct. 13.