ATHENS, Ohio – The Ohio field hockey team (3-1) starts MAC play on the road against Appalachian State on Friday, Sept. 20 before traveling to Durham, N.C. to face #2 Duke on Sunday, Sept. 22.
Friday, Sep. 20: vs. Appalachian State | 6 p.m. ET | Brandon & Erica M. Adcock Field | Boone, N.C. | Live Stats |
FIVE POINTS ABOUT OHIO FIELD HOCKEY
- The Bobcats are coming off back-to-back shutouts, a 3-0 win over Davidson and a 4-0 win over Lock Haven
- Redshirt senior Kendall Ballard (Charlottesville, Va.) has 11 shots on goal, burying three of them in the back of the net.
- Freshman Katelyn Whittle (Glenwood, Md.) has been impressive in her first four career games, recording four shots and two goals.
- Ohio started MAC play 1-0 last year with a 1-0 win over Appalachian State at Pruitt Field. Now junior Jillian Shive (Lebanon, Ohio) tallied the only goal of the match.
- The Bobcats look to beat their first ranked opponent since they took down #15 Wake Forest with a 3-2 double overtime win in 2012.
SCOUTING APPALACHIAN STATE
- The Mountaineers are 6-0 to start their season
- Like Ohio, Appalachian State also has wins over Davidson and Lock Haven (3-0, 1-0 – shootout).
- The Mountaineers are currently outscoring their opponents 12-2.
- The Blue Devils are also 6-0 to start the season.
- Duke has wins over #9 Penn State, #25 William & Mary, #15 Northwestern, #5 Maryland, and #7 Iowa
- Freshman Hannah Miller is reigning ACC Offensive Player of the Week.
The Bobcats head to Kent State for their second MAC match of the season on Saturday, Sept. 28. First touch is scheduled for 12 p.m.