ATHENS, Ohio -- The eyes of the college football universe will be on Athens, Ohio, on Wednesday (Nov. 6) as the Ohio football team (4-4, 3-1 MAC) begins Midweek MACtion by welcoming Mid-American Conference East Division archrival Miami (4-4, 3-1 MAC) to Peden Stadium for a nationally televised showdown on ESPN2. Kickoff for the 'Battle of the Bricks' is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET.
There will be plenty of events and activities for fans leading up to and during the game. Here's a rundown of what's in store in Athens.
COLLEGE FOOTBALL 150TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION ON NATIONAL TELEVISION
Ohio will be joining the MAC, the NCAA and ESPN in celebrating the 150th anniversary of college football in 2019, as the contest against the RedHawks is being played on the 150th anniversary of the first-ever college football game. Ohio will look to make history that day with a call to students and fans to create the first-ever sellout of a MAC midweek game. The celebration, presented in partnership with The Post, will include one enrolled Ohio University student in attendance winning free tuition for the spring 2020 semester as well as a pregame student tailgate inside Walter Fieldhouse.
Wednesday's game will be nationally televised on ESPN2, with Matt Barrie, Desmond Howard and Holly Rowe on the call.
SOLICH GOING FOR MAC RECORD
Frank Solich is 110-79 during his tenure as head coach of the Bobcats. His 110 victories are the second-most in program history behind behind Don Peden (1924-46; 121). With one more win, Solich will pass Herb Deromedi (110, Central Michigan, 1978-93) for the most by a MAC head coach. Ohio has gone 73-43 in conference play since Solich's arrival in Athens. His 73 MAC wins rank second to Deromedi's 90.
Solich owns a career coaching record of 168-98. His 168 wins rank as the fourth most among active NCAA FBS head coaches behind Alabama's Nick Saban (240), North Carolina's Mack Brown (231) and TCU's Gary Patterson (171).
Ohio has won 16 of its last 19 games played at Peden Stadium.
GAMEDAY IN ATHENS
We have everything you need to plan a great game day experience at Peden Stadium. Click here for information on getting to campus, parking, getting to the stadium, getting into the stadium, stadium info, ADA info and things to do!
• The College Football Playoff National Championship Trophy will be displayed on the second floor of Baker Center from 4:30-6 p.m. ET. Fans will have an opportunity to snap a picture with the trophy.
• Ohio will be hosting a pregame student tailgate in Walter Fieldhouse from 6-7:30 p.m. ET featuring a live performance by DJ KayC as well as free Timbits and hot chocolate supplied by Tim Hortons.
• One enrolled Ohio University student in attendance will win free tuition for the spring 2020 semester (Click here to view Tuition Giveaway details). Admission to the game is FREE for all Ohio students. Students will be registered to win when they scan their student ID at the Peden Stadium gates. The winner of the tuition giveaway will be announced during the first timeout of the fourth quarter.
• Ohio will also be giving away 2,000 thundersticks to students.
• Double points on the Ohio Bobcats Gameday App.
• The Ohio University Marching 110 will perform.
OHO SPORTS NETWORK FROM LEARFIELD IMG COLLEGE
Saturday's game can be heard on the Ohio Sports Network from Learfield IMG College. Russ Eisenstein returns for his 12th season as the "Voice of the Bobcats." Ohio Alum Rob Cornelius has been a part of the broadcasts for two decades.
WXTQ (Power 105) in Athens returns as the 11-station network's flagship. The broadcast is also available online through TuneIn.com/OhioBobcats and on the TuneIn app. Pregame coverage begins at 7 p.m. ET.