Final Score: Ohio 27, Kent State 26
Location: Kent, Ohio (Dix Stadium)
Records: Ohio 3-2, 1-0 MAC Kent State 1-5, 0-2 MAC
Ohio Captains: A.J. Ouellette, Evan Croutch, Joe Lowery, Kent Berger
Weather: Temperature: 83• Wind: SW 8 MPH • Conditions: Partly Cloudy
- Fourteenth-year head coach Frank Solich is now 100-73 all-time at Ohio and 158-92 in his career.
- Solich is now 65-40 all-time in Mid-American Conference games.
- Under Solich, Ohio is now 9-5 all-time against Kent State.
- The Bobcats are now 44-25-2 all-time against Kent State.
- The Bobcats have won eight-straight MAC openers.
- The Bobcats have now won five straight against Kent State.
- The was the Bobcats' first one-point game and victory since a 24-23 win on Dec. 17, 2011, over Utah State in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl.
- Solich is 10-4 all-time in MAC openers in his time at Ohio.
- This is the fourth game this season that the Ohio offense has registered at least 400 yards.
- The Bobcats were held scoreless in the second quarter, marking the first time this season they have been held scoreless in a quarter.
- Junior quarterback Nathan Rourke (Oakville, Ontario, Canada) completed 18 of his 20 passes for a 90-percent completion percentage, setting a new Ohio single-game record. The mark was previously set by Tyler Tettleton on Sept. 21, 2013, when he completed 86.7 percent (10-of-13) of his passes.
- Redshirt senior running back A.J. Ouellette (Covington, Ohio) has scored a touchdown in three-straight games. It is the first time since 2014 that the redshirt senior has done so (Nov. 5-Nov. 25, 2014). He posted his second-straight mult-touchdown game.
- Redshirt senior wide receiver Andrew Meyer (Canal Winchester, Ohio) hauled in a 59-yard touchdown reception in the third quarter. The touchdown catch was the third of his career and marked the longest reception of his career. He finished the game with a career-high 90 receiving yards.
- The Bobcats held a team under 30 points for the first time this season.
- Ohio did not allow a touchdown after the first quarter.
- Sophomore cornerback Marlin Brooks (Miami, Fla.) recorded his first career interception in the first quarter and recovered his second career fumble and his second of the season in the second quarter.
- Redshirt junior free safety Javon Hagan (Jacksonville, Fla.) recorded an interception late in the fourth quarter to seal the victory, marking his second interception of the season and second in as many games.
- Senior linebacker Evan Croutch (Youngstown, Ohio) tied his career high with 11 total tackles to lead the team and set a new career high with nine solo stops.
- Redshirt junior kicker Louie Zervos (Tarpon Springs, Fla.) went 3-for-3 on extra point attempts and has now made 117 extra points in career, passing Kevin Kerr (115; 1999-02) for the second-most in program history. He has now recorded 275 career points, which ranks fourth in program history.