Thank you for taking time this past spring to respond to our call for feedback regarding your game day experience at our men's basketball games. We appreciate your input and will use it in an effort to better serve all Bobcats fans.
We received a number of positive comments in regards to the new ConvoVision videoboard, our PA announcer (we love Lou too), the Marching 110 and our team's connection with the fans. We will do our very best to continue to excel in these areas.
As was the goal of this effort, we did receive some suggestions for improvement. To follow is a list of our intended reactions to those topics that were mentioned most:
- We will revert back to reserved seating in the upper level. We have already contacted many of you with our decision and the response has been very positive.
- We will work with our concessions partner, AVI, to add items to their selection including an item or two for those seeking healthier alternatives.
- We will add a new, more effective hand dryer in each of the restrooms.
- We will review and revise our game script to allow for more opportunities for the Marching 110 to perform.
- We will invest more budget, time and energy to revive the OZone in order to bolster their impact on the game atmosphere.
- We will communicate with you more efficiently and effectively about game schedules, promotions, parking and other news through our new Bobcats Gameday App. Download it today!
- We will, most importantly, continue to listen to you. Please continue to share your feedback (both positive and critical) with us on game days, by phone (800-575-2287) or via email (email@example.com)
'Excessive' event security was a point noted by several respondents. Please know that the safety of our fans, staff and students is of the utmost importance to the Athletics Department and to Ohio University as a whole. To that end, the Ohio University Police Department has implemented protocols that are in line with best-practice recommendations of the Department of Homeland Security. These same protocols are implemented across all University events, based largely upon the projected crowd size. While we understand how these measures can impact your game day experience, we will continue to support these and any efforts to create a safe environment for all those in attendance.
With that being said, we gathered from your comments that the inability to access the covered walkway immediately adjacent to the arena is the most inconvenient and unintended consequence of these procedures. Therefore:
- We will remove gate designations to allow fans to enter the building through the gate most convenient to them. With this change, general fans can now enter the previously designated student entrance on the northwest side of the Convocation Center. In turn, students will be allowed to enter through the main entrance.
Thank you again for your response and suggestions. For us to reach our lofty goals, we need your continued and enthusiastic support of OUr Bobcats! Coach Boals and his team are ready to take on season one and begin the drive to the top of the MAC. See you at the Convo!
Amy S. Dean
Interim Director of Athletics
Sr. Associate Athletic Director