OHIO FOOTBALL VS. VIRGINIA | POSTGAME NOTES
Final Score: Virginia 45, Ohio 31
Location: Nashville, Tenn. (Vanderbilt Stadium)
Records: Ohio 1-1, Virginia 2-1
Ohio Captains: Javon Hagen, Joe Lowery, Nathan Rourke, Kylan Nelson
Weather: Temperature: 90 degrees – Wind: NNE 10 MPH – Partly Cloudy
- Ohio is now 0-2 all-time against Virginia.
- Head coach Frank Solich is now 98-72 all-time at Ohio and 156-91 in his career.
- Redshirt senior wide receiver Papi White (Seminole, Okla.) finished the day with 131 receiving yards. It marked the third-straight game, dating back to the 2017 season, in which White recorded 100-plus receiving yards. The last Bobcat receiver to do post three-straight games with over 100 receiving yards was Donte' Foster in 2013.
- Redshirt senior running back Maleek Irons (Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada) scored his first touchdown since Nov. 3, 2016 against Buffalo with his one-yard touchdown run in the first quarter.
- With his two rushing touchdowns, Irons recorded his second career multi-touchdown game and first since Oct. 8, 2016 against Bowling Green.
- Junior quarterback Nathan Rourke (Oakville, Ontario, Canada) broke off his second career run of at least 70 yards when he scampered for 70 on a scramble in the first quarter. His previous was a 75-yard rush on Oct. 14, 2017 at Bowling Green.
- Redshirt freshman wide receiver Isiah Cox (Jasper, Ala.) recorded his first career touchdown on a 36-yard pass from Rourke in the second quarter.
- Freshman wide receiver Jerome Buckner (Columbus, Ohio) recorded his first two catches in an Ohio uniform, tallying two receptions for a total of 44 yards.
- Ohio scored two touchdowns in a span of 46 seconds in the second quarter.
- The Bobcats won the turnover battle for the second-straight game.
- After allowing 38 points in the first half, the Ohio defense only allowed seven points in the second half.
- Redshirt junior defensive lineman Chukwudi Chukwu (Willingboro, N.J.) recorded his third career forced fumble.
- Junior linebacker Eric Popp (Loveland, Ohio) recorded his second career fumble recovery.
- The last time Ohio allowed at least 34-plus points in the first half was Sept. 8, 2017 at Purdue.
- The Ohio defense recorded three sacks for a total loss of 25 yards.
- Sophomore cornerback Jamal Hudson (Miami, Fla.) led the Bobcats with eight total tackles.
- Junior linebacker Eric Popp (Loveland, Ohio) recovered an onside kick at the 50-yard line with 2:27 left in the second quarter.
- Redshirt junior placekicker Louie Zervos (Tarpon Springs, Fla.) went 1-for-1 on field goal attempts and 4-for-4 on extra point attempts.
- Redshirt junior kicker/punter Michael Farkas (Mishawaka, Ind.) recorded six punts for 282 yards, with his longest at 59 yards. He also had four kickoffs for 260 yards for an average of 65.0 yards.