OHIO FOOTBALL VS. HOWARD | POSTGAME NOTES
Final Score: Ohio 38, Howard 32
Records: Ohio: 1-0, Howard 0-1
Ohio Captains: Evan Croutch, Nathan Rourke, Kent Berger, Kylan Nelson
Weather: Temperature: 83 – Wind: SW 4 MPH – Cloudy
- Ohio is now 1-0 all-time against Howard.
- Head coach Frank Solich is now 98-71 all-time at Ohio and 156-90 in his career.
- The Bobcats are now 3-0 all-time against opponents out of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference
- Solich is now 11-3 all-time in home openers at Ohio -- including 7-1 in the last eight.
- Ohio recorded 423 total yards, making it the third-straight game that it has registered 400 or more yards, dating back to last season.
- Redshirt junior quarterback Quinton Maxwell (Rayville, Mo.) matched his career highs for completions (17) and passing touchdowns (2) and set a new career high by running for two scores. His four total touchdowns marked a career high.
- Redshirt senior running back Maleek Irons (Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada) rushed for 52 yards in his first game since Dec. 23, 2016 in the Dollar General Bowl.
- Ohio scored 14 points in 1:37 to open the second quarter.
- Redshirt sophomore tight end Ryan Luehrman (Athens, Ohio) recorded his first career reception, an eight-yard catch in the second quarter.
- Redshirt freshman wide receiver KJ Minter (Gainesville, Fla.) recorded his first career reception in the third quarter on a 15-yard pass from Maxwell.
- Redshirt senior wide receiver Papi White (Seminole, Okla.) set new career highs in receptions (eight) and receiving yards (154).
- The last time Ohio had a receiver register 150-plus receiving yards was Sebastian Smith on Sept. 17, 2016 against No. 15 Tennessee.
- Senior linebacker Evan Croutch (Youngstown, Ohio) recorded his first career interception in the third quarter.
- Redshirt sophomore cornerback Ilyaas Motley (Centerville, Ohio) recorded his first career interception in the fourth quarter.
- The defense recorded four turnovers -- two fumbles and two interceptions.
- Redshirt senior safety Kylan Nelson (Lexington, Ky.) set a career-high with eight total tackles. He also recorded three pass breakups and recorded his first career forced fumble.
- Redshirt senior cornerback Jalen Fox (Cincinnati, Ohio) set a new career-high with seven solo tackles. He also recorded his first career fumble recovery and his first three career pass breakups.
- Redshirt sophomore safety Jarren Hampton (Fostoria, Ohio) registered 5.5 tackles, three pass breakups and a forced fumble.
- The Ohio defense allowed 645 yards, which is the most allowed since they allowed 615 against Louisville in 2013.
- Redshirt junior kicker Louie Zervos (Tarpon Springs, Fla.) moved up the fourth all-time in career scoring at Ohio. He has now scored 237 career points.
- Redshirt junior punter Michael Farkas (Mishawaka, Ind.) set career highs with eight punts and 368 punting yards.
- Redshirt junior wide receiver/kick returner DL Knock (Springboro, Ohio) recorded a 99-yard kickoff return for a touchdown to open the second half. It was Knock's first career kickoff return for a score and the third-longest in program history.
- The last time Ohio returned a kickoff for a touchdown was an 84-yard return by Kylan Nelson on Nov. 25, 2014 at Miami.