Sep 16, 2017
ATHENS, Ohio (Peden Stadium) | Ohio 42, Kansas 30
Weather: 78 degrees, winds SW 5 MPH, partly cloudy
- Ohio has a 2-1 start for the ninth time under head coach Frank Solich
- Ohio is now 3-0 against Kansas in the all-time series
- Solich is now 8-0 all-time against the Jayhawks
- The Bobcats own a 7-20 record against the Big 12
- The win against Kansas marks as the first win over a Big 12 opponent at Peden Stadium
- Fifth win over a Power Five school under Solich
- Solich now has a 148-87 all-time record and is 90-68 at Ohio
- RS senior Troy Mangen recorded his frist reception for a touchdown on the year, had two on the day
- RS junior A.J. Ouellette recorded his second touchdown of the year
- Ouellette led all rushers with 102 yards on 10 carries and one touchdown. Ouellette averaged 10.2 yards per carry
- It was the first time this season a Bobcat running back broke 100-yards
- Last time Ouellete recorded 100-yard rushing was at NIU in 2015 for 140 yards
- Ohio recorded 450 yards of total offense, a season-high
- Ohio recorded one touchdown drive that was under a minute against Kansas. It was the sixth time this season and the first against an FBS opponent.
- RS Senior Brendan Cope recorded five receptions for 104 yards, first time he had over 100 yards receiving since Idaho in 2015 (125)
- RS junior Andrew Myer recorded first career touchdown and had a career-high 86 yards receiving.
- Sophomore Nathan Rourke made his first career start going 11 for 16 with 152 yards and two passing touchdowns. Rourke also rushed for a touchdown, his fourth of the season.
- RS sophomore Quinton Maxwell was 5 for 6 with 102 yards and one touchdown
- Ohio had a season-high five sacks in the outing for 30 yards lost. It was the first time Ohio has had five sacks since Buffalo in 2016. Ohio also had nine tackles for 40 yards lost
- RS senior Quentin Poling recorded nine tackles including four solo stops to lead Ohio
- RS sophomore Javon Hagan and RS junior Jalen Fox both recorded eight tackles
- Fox recorded first career interception and had three pass breakups
- RS senior Tony Porter recorded one pass breakup and also had three tackles
- RS senior Cleon Aloese and RS senior Trent Smart each recorded 1.5 sacks. Aloese finished with five tackles while Smart had four
- RS freshman Dylan Conner recorded first career sack and made his first career start
- Junior Evan Croutch and RS junior Kent Berger each recorded a half sack
- Aloese, Smart and Berger each recorded 1.5 tackles for loss
- RS senior Bradd Ellis recorded four pass breakups, a career high.